BE FOREWARNED…….LONG POST WITH LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!!!!
We just got home from a lovely 8 day vacation in Colorado! I love our visits back home but they always leave me wishing we could stay. Hopefully one day we will be able to call Colorado home again but for now vacationing there will have to do. We left bright and early on Tuesday. I was extremely worried about the flights. To my surprise, both kiddos did really well on both flights. Even though we got off to a rough start. The whole time we were preparing for our trip I had 6:30 am in my head as the departure time. We got to the airport at 5:30 thinking we were in good shape. When we checked in, the man was like you are late! WHAT?! Apparently our flight really left at 6:00 am. OOPS. So we ran through security got to our gate and wouldn’t you know, our flight was delayed. PHEW!! The plane had a flat tire and wouldn’t be in for an hour or so. We saw everyone moving over to another gate so Casey called Delta and the man assured him another plane was on the way and we would make our connecting flight. Then we got worried because everyone was boarding a plane for Atlanta. We went over to board and the man said, you haven’t rebooked your flight yet, step aside!! Say WHAT?! So now we are panicked thinking we are never going to get to Colorado. After everyone else boarded the man checked for open seats and WaLAH we were on our way! We landed in Atlanta at 9:20, our flight for Denver left at 9:50 three terminals away. We booked it to our gate and made it just as they were calling for the final boarding call. What a start to our vacation. Once we landed in Denver though it was smooth sailing! My mom and brother were there waiting for us : ) We stopped and ate lunch together before heading to my moms house. We unloaded and Cailynn couldn’t wait to drive Lightening McQueen.
I don’t think either one of them had any fun!!! HAHA!!
Wednesday mom went and picked up Brady and Morgan from daycare and we all hung out at the pool. The original plan was to go to the zoo, but the temperatures were well above 100 degrees so we decided the pool was a better choice. We had big plans to go to Colorado Springs while we were home, but unfortunately the fires kept us away! It was so sad to see all the smoke. My mom usually has a beautiful view of the mountains, but the whole time they were covered with smoke : (
Nana has the coolest bath tub around. The girls had a bubble party and pretended to be princesses of Bubble land. They made themselves, crowns and dresses made of bubbles. It was fun to watch.
Meanwhile the boys had a bath together too.
Thursday we drove to Denver and went to the Aquarium. I had never been before so I was as excited as Cailynn. She had so much fun.
We fed and pet the sting rays!!! It was cool. Cailynn also got her face painted AND had her picture taken with REAL Mermaids!! She was in heaven!
Friday we decided to do some shopping. Casey surprised me with a visit to Jareds and I got an awesome anniversary present. Stackable rings with my kiddos birthstones. Thanks Hon. I’ll have to get a picture of them! Cailynn got to go to Build-A-Bear! So fun! She was a little overwhelmed at first and couldn’t narrow down her choice, but finally we settled on the rainbow bear.
Oh how she loves her Sissy bear. Complete with pink sparkly dress and roller skates!! Thank you Nana! Carter man made one too. He made a monkey with a Denver Broncos uniform. Appropriately named Thunder : )
Friday night we drove to Berthoud for the Anderson family picnic. My dad and Mary organized this so we could see everyone and it was GREAT!!! 11 of the twelve great grandkids were there! THEY WERE WILD! It was fun to watch them all run and be crazy together!
Saturday we had some of the Schraeder family over. My cousin Kendra who I haven’t seen in forever stayed the night with her two girls, and Matt and the crew were there so it was a fun night.
Sunday was the Schraeder family get together. I didn’t get many pictures because my camera died half way through!!!!! BUMMER.
After everyone left, my besties and I had a little photo shoot on moms balcony.
Monday we went to the Swetville Zoo. It’s a zoo filled with creatures and things made out of scrap metal. It was fun. Cailynn and Carter loved looking at everything.
After the zoo we went and had lunch with Great Grandma and Grandpa Anderson. I didn’t get any pictures there because my children were being wild as usual! But it was a yummy lunch and a nice visit. Monday night Mary and I went to see Magic Mike…..yep!!! Casey did some shopping while we watched. Then Casey and I went out on a dinner date!!! We enjoyed some Texas Roadhouse. YUMM! I miss that place. Mom had fun watching the kiddos for us that night.
Our last day in Colorado we spent packing and relaxing. Then we went to Longmont and had some family pictures taken with Matt and the kiddos. I can’t wait to see how those pictures turned out. It was a fun time. My friend Mary came over to see us one last time Tuesday. Crazy to think we’ve been friends for 27 years!!!
We are so thankful we get to visit family and friends in Colorado, but it makes me very homesick. If we could just find someone who wants to buy a house in Florida we’d be moving in no time!!!






















































































2 comments:
Wow! Looks like you had such a great time! Your kiddos are so precious!! Mary and Jess look the same and you all looked so happy to be together! Looks like a FUN and busy trip back home! I think we are going to drive back for a month next year! I am so happy you are doing good and would love to catch up soon!! xoxo
So glad you had a good visit with everyone! I would love to have met your husband and new little guy! But, hopefully, next time. :) It is always good to see and read your happy post. I am so glad God is continually blessing your life. Maybe one of those blessings will be to move back to Colorado. You just never know. Keep trusting and seeking! Love ya!
Darla
Post a Comment