Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer of projects

 

Being home all summer is a dangerous thing for me.  I get bored, watch way to much HGTV and spend WAY too much time on Pinterest.  The end result is a list of summer projects and a slightly annoyed husband : )  So here are some of the projects I’ve been up to.  Let me warn you that I am terrible at remembering to take before pictures.  I get so excited about projects that I just get started and forget the before stuff. 

I started with this family picture wall.  It was a mismatch of frames of all different sizes and colors.  So I bought all 5 x 7 frames and had all the family pictures I had redone in black ad white.  I’m still waiting for a few pictures from folks…hint hint.  So the hearts are where I’m waiting for pictures.    But I like the way it turned out.

DSCN1894-001

On the other side of the hallway I revamped that too.  I bought some cardboard letters, stickers, and canvas from Hobby Lobby.  Printed off some of the new family pictures we had taken in Colorado and waalah!  Looks much better. 

DSCN1892

I’ve been seeing these family rule signs all over the internet.  I wasn’t about to pay the money that some people on Etsy wanted so I made my own.  It’s hanging right by our front door as a reminder : )

DSCN1896

Then comes our Master bedroom/bathroom.  I have never really been crazy about it.  I saw some tutorials on how to paint cabinets and decided to go for it! I was nervous so I started with an end table we have in our living room.  Once I did that I felt pretty sure I could tackle the cabinets.

DSCN1897

DSCN1895/

Again I forgot to take before pictures so I scoured the computer looking for some, this is the best I could find.  They were a beigish creamish color.  I reused the same knobs but again I think it looks way better.

 DSCN0530house 008

My next project is a big one I’m going to frame the mirror in the master bathroom and the paint my dresser and headboard the same brown color as the bathroom cabinets.  PHEW!

Cailynn got a fish.  It was her motivation to stop sucking her thumb at night.  So far it has worked like a charm.  Two weeks and no thumb sucking.  And the fish is still alive!!!!!

DSCN1885

And I’ll leave you with this picture of these four goofballs.  They sure had fun playing together at the beach and in the pool!!!!!

DSCN1865

No comments: