Monday, March 14, 2011

Adjusting to life

Life with two kiddos is exhausting, crazy, and wonderful all at once.  I am so in love with my two babies and so thankful that God has blessed me with healthy, happy children!! 

We've been home since Thursday and let me just say I am super thankful my mom is here to have two extra hands to help.  Casey went back to work Friday and Saturday and so I'm trying to learn how to handle two! 

Here's Carter sleeping in his chair.

His first bath.  He did not like it so much.  Cailynn did not like it either.  She screamed as loud as Carter did!  Yikes!

Daddy and his kiddos.


Sunday we went out to Pier Park.  We needed to get Cailynn some summer clothes and Casey had been craving some Red Robin!  Old Navy wasn't open until 12:00 so Cailynn had to wait.  She was peeking in at her mannequin friends.


Our friends Brent and Sandy met us out there.  Here are Rylynn and Carter.  One day they will be married : )  They are exactly 3 weeks apart! 

I love his little face here!  It's like he's saying WOAH!


Daddy and Cailynn after a LONG day of shopping.  Cailynn was DONE!!!

Today we took Carter to the doctor for his checkup.  Cailynn had her two year checkup at the same time.  Carter was 20 1/4 inches (75%) and 7 lbs 5 oz. (50%).  Cailynn was 34 1/2 inches (75%) and 32 lbs (95%)  Both kiddos are healthy and looking perfect according to the doctor.  Carter has been have a few eating issues and the Dr. ordered an upper GI test to check for acid reflux.  So we'll take him for that next week.  Dr. A was super impressed with both of them and so that makes me happy.

Cailynn was such a big girl and did so good getting her shot that mommy decided we could go for ice cream!

She's had ice cream before but I'm pretty sure this was her first ice cream cone and boy did she love it!!!

Nana loving on Carter.

Tiny feet

Tiny hands

I attempted to get some sweet naked pictures.




Like I said Cailynn absolutely ADORES Carter.  She kisses him all the time and is always concerned that he doesn't have his paci, or that he might be cold. 

She is SUCH a good big sister!


And to leave you with......
is he not so handsome?? 

1 comment:

DarlaShelton said...

I am so happy for all of you! He is adorable! God bless all of you!