Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blessing of the Babies

So today our church did a "Blessing of the Babies."  We weren't quite sure what to expect, but they said any babies born in 2009 or 2010 should participate so we did.  This is apparently something they do yearly, but they got behind, hence the two year spread.  So we sent Cailynn's picture in.  This is the one I sent in...


We get all ready for church not entirely knowing what is going to happen.

I dressed Cailynn in this cute smocked fishie dress.

Getting her to stand still for a picture these days is just flat impossible!!  And trying to fix her hair is my nemesis.  She won't be still long enough to do much, then once I get something in, she pulls it out!!!

Not sure what she is doing here!

Big cheesy grin!!

So we get to church and they tell us that the "babies" will be brought to the front of the church after a couple of songs and Pastor Doug will bless them.  Ok sounds great.

Cailynn did pretty good sitting for the 10 minutes before church started.  Then the music came on and she put on quite a show!  I so wish we would have taken the camera.  She was a dancing fool.  Everyone around us was laughing at her!  Then it was up to the front.....OH NO!!!  Everyone else has their cute little "babies" who are actually still babies.  So they are all being held and being sweet.  Cailynn is just causing ruckus!!  She wants to go up on stage, then she wants to go down the aisle, then she lifts her dress up, then starts talking during another babies blessing!!!  At this point I'm thinking this was not such a great idea!  But then it was Cailynn's turn.  Pastor Doug put anointed oil from Israel on her forehead and prayed for her and she did great.  We made a B-line for the nursery and that was that!  Even though she was acting.....well like a 2 year old.  I'm glad that we did it.  I pray that she will learn to love Jesus one day!!

No comments: