Thursday, October 2, 2008

17 weeks....a day early

I just realized that I didn't post a 16 week update, so to insure that I don't forget again this week I'm doing it a day early. So 17 weeks! Even though I missed my doctor's appointment yesterday, they were able to see me today so we went. Everything went well. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again on the doppler machine. Last time it was in the 160's this time it was in the 140's. It was really cool to hear again. Casey was a little disappointed that we didn't have an ultrasound to find out the sex today. BUT for sure we will next time. So October 29th at 4:00 we will find out if our little one is a boy or a girl!! We can't wait! He told us that there is nothing that will make my cold go away, but I think I'm on the tail end of it so that's good.

At 17 weeks our baby is five inches long and weighs about 5 ounces. It's about the size of a turnip. I feel silly that I don't really know what a turnip looks like. But it's growing so that's good.

Here is what our baby looks like now.
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-17-weeks

Other than being sick with a cold I have been feeling good. I'm noticing that I'm not as tired anymore. I still don't have a ton of energy but I am not going to bed at 7:00!! And that makes Casey very happy.

So I thought it would be fun to see what you all think we are having. Boy or Girl? What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl!

DarlaShelton said...

I think it would really cool if you had a little girl, but know you are going to be a great mom to whichever it is.

Anonymous said...

Jason said he thinks it is going to be a boy... just because I think it is going to be a girl.