Wednesday, October 1, 2008

GRRRRRRRRRR

I am sooooo tired of being sick with this stupid cold!! It's been 5 days now and typically I can take medicine and feel better within a few days. AHHH but being sick and pregnant means you cannot take ANYthing that actually works! I got out my handy dandy list that the doctor gave me that tells me what medicine I can and cannot take and of course none of them work. I tried Benadryl....did not clear up my nasal congestion. I tried Sudafed....made me feel loopy AND did not clear up my nasal congestion. I tried some Vicks throat spray to help with the sore throat....DID NOT WORK! How frustrating. I've been working everyday because I really do not want to use up sick days so I can use them all for maternity leave in March. By the time I get home I am absolutely drained. I am tired of not being able to breathe. I am tired of coughing. I am just plain tired of being SICK!!

Too make my day even worse....I found out that my doctors appointment that I thought was tomorrow, was really today and I missed it. By the time I called to reschedule they were already closed for the day so now who knows when I will get in. I laughed when people told me they had "pregnancy brain" and now I fully sympathize. I used to be the most organized person now I feel like sometimes if my head was not attached I would forget it at home.

On a bright note, a may have felt the baby move for the first time last night. After lying down for the night I felt some flutters that I have never felt before. I sat real still and felt it again! Of course Casey wanted to feel it too, but he couldn't : (

So maybe tomorrow I will go to the doctor, maybe not. I just hope I get to feeling better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww honey I am so sorry! Maybe I gave it to you! And I totally know and have been there with the pregnancy brain! It is very annoying! BUT well worth it!