Thursday, September 11, 2008
My first pregnancy freak out!
Well today I became that pregnant woman that I said I'd never be. You know the one that calls the doctor with every little pain. I didn't think it was a huge deal but I was having a sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. It started yesterday and didn't go away today. So after asking some mommas, they said, "You are probably fine, but you should call the doctor!" So I called the doctor and their response was....you are probably fine but why don't you come on in and let us check for a heartbeat. So I went in. The good news is the baby is fine! I got to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler machine which was cool. The bad news is he thinks its a bladder infection. I'm not sold on the diagnosis though. I've had many bladder infections before and this feels nothing like it. He gave me some antibiotics to see if it clears. But as long as the baby is OK, I'm happy. I told him I wasn't trying to be the paranoid pregnant lady and he laughed. He is very understanding and said, "It's always better to call or come in, then we can tell you exactly what is going on." I'm really happy with our choice of doctor. He also said drink more water and stay off your feet as much as possible. I laughed and reminded him that I was a teacher. My goal is not freak out at every little pain, but being pregant for the first time is really hard!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Celeste! Here I am finally poking around on your blog (you will be even happier you started it when the baby comes...congrats!) and read this post. I want to tell you that during my 1st pregnancy, I had the EXACT same thing and it worried me. Then, it went away for a while, then came back. I finally figured out that it would happen when I was about to have a tummy growth-spurt. I'm not saying that's what it is for you, but it sounds just like what I felt. Go figure, I didn't feel it with the next 2...I guess because I was already stretched out! You did the right thing though. You always need to call when you feel like something is bothering you.
Post a Comment