Friday, September 12, 2008

Hello Second Trimester

We have now made it past the first trimester and are beinging the next leg of our journey. So last week it said the baby was the size of a peach....this week it says it's the size of a lemon. I love how they are comparing my baby to fruit!! Apparently the baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb! It also says the the baby's body is growing faster than his head I hope that our child doesn't have a shrunken head! I learned the baby is starting to develop ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over its body (ewww!)

Here is the link to a picture of what the baby looks like. http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-14-weeks

I am still feeling the pain in my lower abdomen. I've decided that it's "growing pains" and I will just need to get used to it. I will take the antibiotic the doctor prescribed for the bladder infection just for giggles, but I'm still certain that is not what it is. The kids were pretty talkative today, but we did a lot of testing. That means my weekend will be spent grading papers! Yippee. Casey is going to play poker with his buddies tonight so it's just Bailey and I : )

No comments: