So I haven’t blogged much about Carter’s health for a couple of reasons. One, because I know that compared to some of the sick children out there, our issues are so so small. I thank God everyday that we have two happy, healthy kiddos. The other reason is that it’s really the same thing every month. Low grade fever, fussiness for a few days, then the fever spikes we visit the Dr….ear infection! Seriously, same story EVERY SINGLE MONTH!!! I have been keeping a medical records check of my own and he has been on antibiotics 17 times! He is only 19 months old. We are frustrated. So last year, two days before Christmas we had tubes put in his ears. We were hopeful it would fix the problem. Right after surgery we noticed a difference. He could hear better, he was less fussy…SUCCESS!!!!
Then come February the cycle began again. Only this time with each ear infection came the nasty drainage from the ear. Since tubes, Carter has had 6 more ear infections. I say 6 but it could very well just be the same nasty infection that just never went away, I’m not really sure. So, back to the ENT we finally went. He noticed that his left ear tube was clogged and recommended we use mineral oil to try to break up the wax. He felt certain that would help the problem. Two weeks later, another visit same problem. I asked him if his tonsils could possibly be part of the problem, and when he took a look, sure enough he has two big old tonsils! So Wednesday, Carter is going in for his 2nd surgery in less than a year. They are going to remove his tonsils and adenoids, and also replace the clogged tube. I pray that this fixes the problem. Like I said before, I know that chronic ear infections are like WAY down the list of serious illnesses that children can have, but it has been a rough year. I feel like Carter is always fussy. I guess I would be too if my ears were always infected.
So if you could please pray that this surgery is a success and that it fixes whatever continues to make him sick, we would sure appreciate it. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment