Saturday, November 26, 2011

Feeling Quite Crafty!

So we pulled out all the Christmas decorations and put them up and what do we realize?  We only had 3 stockings!!  Last year I remember us having the conversation that we would need to buy new stockings this year but had totally forgotten.  Now it would have been easy if they still sold the stockings we already had….then we would only have to buy one.  BUT NO!!!!  I think they do that on purpose so you have to buy 4 instead of 1 it’s a conspiracy I tell you.  At any rate, I’d been eyeing some stockings that looked like sweaters on etsy but couldn’t justify $30 a stocking.  So I hit up Target (LOVE that store) and they had some very cute red sweater stockings….for $13 SCORE!!!  Then the question arose, how do I personalize them?  Do I get them monogrammed?  Hmmm.  Good ole’ mom told me to get some felt and some fabric glue and waalaaa……

112611 001

4 new stockings with our names!!  PHEW!  I ended up free handing the letters.  I tried printing our names out and then tracing and cutting and it turned out better free handed. 

I’d also been toying with the idea of making a head board for Cailynn’s room.  Her bed is still on the box spring on the floor and it works great for us, I just didn’t like that there was no head board.  So good ole HGTV and their remodel shows, along with Pinterest for more ideas and I came up with this…

112611 002

Not too shabby for my first attempt.  A little fabric (on sale at Hobby Lobby), some batting, some free (YES FREE) wood from Home Depot, a staple gun and again waaalaaa!  It looks so much better!  And Cailynn is happy that she, “can’t bump my head anymore!” Nice!

No comments: