Before becoming a mom I always thought about what my future kids rooms would look like. I guess I was naive in thinking that their rooms would be the only place their things would be. I knew that kids came with a lot of "stuff" but it has finally hit me that my children have completely taken over our house. Completely!! It hit me when I had to give up my spice cabinet. We needed more room for bottles and the spices lost. We bought an over the door spice rack for the pantry door not really a big deal, but it made me stop and look around the house. EVERY room is filled with "stuff" of the kids.
The old spice cabinet, now filled with bottles...
TWO whole cabinets for sippy cups, plates, bowls, and children's medicine.
Our eat in kitchen has a kiddie table (that's really dirty gross!)
Our dinning room has been converted into a playroom filled with more toys than one little girl knows what to do with.
A house with kids is not complete without a trampoline in your living room....right? Obviously both of the kids bedrooms are filled with their things,
and I'm sure our guests enjoy showering in a tub filled with toys and water that comes out of a duckie.
Not even the garage is safe.....Cailynn's "wheels" take up all of her daddy's precious garage space.
The back porch....no pretty table and umbrella here. Instead a slide and....
sandbox and pool. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's just funny how your priorities change. A clean and "magazine worthy" home is what I used to strive for. Now a days I strive for survival and dinner on the table. Maybe one day our home will look less like a daycare and more like that magazine worthy home I once dreamed of. But for now, I like it like this.
On a completely different note. I finally finished Carters plaque. I started it when my mom was still here and just got the beads put on this week.
A close up of the monkey I attempted.
His sweet little hands and feet. He curled up his toes on his right foot making it look a little weird but it's still sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment