Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year .... 22 months .... and one big boy!

Happy New Year to all!  It's funny how your New Year's Eve plans change the older you get.  I remember back in the day trying to figure out the best bars/clubs to go to, saving up money for booze....my how times have changed!!!  We spent our evening with friends at their house watching the FSU football game.  Unfortunately we only made it until halftime and Cailynn was done, so home we came.......at 8:30!  Which I was totally ok with.  As I was driving home (Since I am the DD for a while longer) I thought this is actually nice, no drunk drivers yet!!  haha.  We put Cailynn to bed, finished watching FSU win (while I sipping my sparkling grape cider) and were in bed by 10.  Yes 10.  We are old an lame but we like it that way.  Casey had the next two days off so it was nice to get some good family time in!  I love those days!

So today Cailynn is 22 months old!  And then it hit me.......WOAH!  In just 8 weeks she will turn 2!!!  AND in 10 weeks she will be a big sister!!!!!  That is not very far away!  Time goes by so fast!

So Cailynn what are you up to these days????

You are full of sass and personality.  When I said it was time to take your picture with your ladybug, you ran to your room, climbed onto your toy box and posed like this!!  Unfortunately you wouldn't smile, but that's you!  You do what you want when you want to!!!

I put you on the scale today and you are still 30 pounds.  I swear it feels like a whole lot more!  You are like a rock!

You are still wearing mostly 2T and 3T clothes.

I've decided we may never be able to move to Colorado because you HATE to wear jackets.  In fact, you make me wrestle you screaming and crying just to put one on.  And then, you scream and cry the whole time you have it on until I finally give in and let you take it off.  You are definitely a FLORIDA girl!

In fact getting clothes on you in general is quite a task.  You would much rather be naked!

We tackled potty training a bit while mommy was home on Christmas break.  You like to tee-tee in the potty because you get an m&m.  But I've found you think just sitting on the potty gets you said m&m.....you are so smart.  You love wearing big girl Dora panties.....but we aren't quite potty trained.

You LOVE baby dolls!!!!!!!!!! 
You are so motherly and take such good care of them.  I just know you are going to be a wonderful big sister to Carter!

You have been busy playing with all your new toys from Christmas.  You love to jump and slide and hide in your tent!

You love to sing and dance!  You are talking up a storm.  Mostly in your own language but it seems like everyday you are learning a new word.

Mommy went through all of your baby clothes that we had stored away in case baby #2 was a girl.....since it's not, I got a bunch ready to give away.  You found the newborn clothes and made yourself quite a unique outfit.  I wish you would have stood still long enough for me to get a good picture!  You looked hilarious!

The tornado Cailynn was in our living room yes!!!

I've been starting to plan your 2nd birthday party.  It's going to be Mickey Mouse themed since you are obsessed with "Hot dog!"  There are lots of cute things out there!  I'm excited to see how it all turns out!

Today I went in for my 28 week checkup.  They took measurements of Carter and it looks like he is going to be a big boy.  He is measuring at 29 weeks and looks great.  We saw the little boy parts again, which made me feel better about the newly painted blue room!!  Everything looks great.  The tech had a hard time getting his leg measurements because he kept moving and kicking.  It was funny to watch.

8 weeks until I have a 2 year old......10 weeks until we have Carter.........2011 is definitely going to be a great year!

No comments: