So what does a teacher do now that she is staying home being a mommy you may ask?? Well she makes adorable keepsakes for her daughter of course! So a couple of years ago I became a HUGE fan of this place on the beach called The Pottery Bar. Every town has one these days....you know the one where you go in and paint pottery? Well the owner and I have become good buddies. She has even come to Millville for me to make pottery with my class. It's such fun! Anyhooo, the last time I went in to paint I was enormously pregnant and she said when I had my little bundle of joy to come in and we'd make some cute hand and feet prints. I was stoked! So my mom and I went while she was out here and imprinted Cailynn's hands and feet into clay. She DID NOT like it one bit, but it was over quickly. I then took some clay and rolled it out, made letters and stuck them to some more clay to make a plaque. I then went back and painted it, then put it all together with beads and this is what it came out like....

Adorable right???? I am quite proud : ) Hopefully one day Cailynn will be too.

Of course I had to make a little lady bug and stick it on there somewhere.

Her little hands and feet are so tiny.
1 comment:
Wow! That is adorable!
Post a Comment