Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy busy weekend

Well Jessica has come and gone which means we spent a long weekend designing (not decorating!! I was corrected many times) the nursery. I learned a few things while designing.

1. I don't like painting. It's messy and time consuming and takes lots of patience.

2. When you paint stripes, it's VERY hard to figure out how to get both stripes the same width. Which means yes, if you look closely, the stripes are NOT equal. One is 11 inches and one is 10 inches but I don't think you'd ever know if I didn't tell you.

3. Painting involves WAY more than rolling paint on the walls. You have to tape and putty and sand and prime and cover and move furniture. Again, things I do not like.

4. Paint takes a LONG time to dry. I of course knew this going into the project, but when you have LOTS of work to do and not a lot of time, it's very irritating!

5. Lastly, power tools are fun and a little dangerous. But I did learn how to use a jigsaw!!

So although there are a lot of things about "designing" that I don't like....the one thing I do like is the finished product. In our case it's the ALMOST finished product. We still have to put up the chair rail but you get the idea.


Pay no attention to the fact that there are no doors. They are still in the garage waiting to be painted....it will get done eventually.


Ahh the close up of the polka dots. Yes we padded circles and stuck them to the wall.


The window and rocker. With a table cloth it will be complete.


The crib with her name above it : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest nursery/room I have ever seen! Well done!