Sundays. Oh how I love Sundays. This is one of Casey and my favorite songs…enjoy!
You know Casey and I sometimes get in a rut on Sundays, we are feeling lazy and the act of getting both kids up and ready for church just seems like too much and we decide to be slackers. It’s easy to do since Sunday is Casey’s only day off. You know most families get to be lazy and do family stuff on Saturdays, we don’t have that luxury right now. Sunday’s are our only days to be together as a family. But the days that we suck it up and make it to church just feel so much better. Today was that day. Casey wasn’t wanting to go because I had to work in the nursery and he doesn’t like sitting by himself. It was raining, we were both tired. But we sucked it up. I forced Casey really but it was so worth it.
Not only did my handsome man look adorable today, (just had to throw that in there : ) )
but this little girl made our day. As we were walking out of church I asked Cailynn what she learned today. Usually we get “I played nice.” or “friends.” But today she retold the story of Noah’s ark. In her own words of course. It went a little something like this. “Noah, boat and then it rained and rained and rained and then rainbow.” Ok I almost cried. Casey didn’t hear it the first time so I told her to tell daddy and she told him again. You are probably thinking wow Celeste really? Not a big deal. But it is!! I remember growing up and going to church every Sunday. That’s where some of my best friends were. That’s where my faith grew. To know that Cailynn is starting to develop those friendships and actually learn about God at church is SOOO exciting. It’s no longer just play time for her!
I hope that she continues to love to go to church and I pray that she develops a love for God that is unwavering. It also made my day when my husband said, “Thanks for making me go, that was one of the best services I’ve been to in a while!” Score!! Now I’m sad I missed it! Now I’m off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday with my beautiful family. Aren’t Sunday’s the BEST?!?!
K Celeste



1 comment:
VERY touching! Thanks for sharing your heart. :)
Post a Comment