Saturday, April 16, 2011

NO MORE PACI.....hopefully!

So Cailynn has always loved her paci!  We used to not be able to leave the house without one.  A while back we went to only letting her have it for naps and night time and EMERGENCY situations out in public (this was mostly for my sanity!).  I really wanted her to be done with it before she turned two but with Carter's arrival I didn't want to take it away while she was adjusting to being a big sister.  Last night I thought I'd rock the boat a little bit.  I fully anticipated an EPIC meltdown.  I was however pleasantly surprised.  After reading books I looked at Cailynn and said, "Big girls don't need paci's, can I have yours?"  She said sure and handed it over.  WOAH!!  I praised and praised her telling her what a big girl she was being.  Then comes the bribery!  I told her if she could make it through the night without it, I would take her to the store and she could pick out and toy she wanted.  She was SOOOO excited.  She kept saying, "I'm a big girl!"  So I exited the room, paci in hand, and waited for the meltdown.  It never came.  She went right to sleep and slept all night!!!!  PRAISE THE LORD!  When she woke up both Casey and I praised her like crazy.  She was so proud of herself!!  And so as promised we made a trip to Target to pick out a toy. 

I expected her to go for a baby doll, or maybe something for her kitchen, a cute girly toy.  NOPE!  She went straight for the T-Rex dinosaur and the Woody car!  I love it!  She may look just like her daddy, but she is SOOOOO my daughter!!!! 

Here she is telling the world she's a big girl!

Showing off her new toys (yes her lips are blue!!  I was cropping the picture and it was on the red eye fixer instead, and it saved it with blue lips before I caught it! ooops)

Giving the dinosaur kisses!

So I laid her down for a nap a minute ago, and again expected a melt down.  She asked for her "pie" (that's what she calls her paci) and I laughed and said you don't need it you're a big girl now!  She smiled and said BIG GIRL!  And that was it.  No melt down!  So I'm sure hoping this lasts.  Fingers crossed.

Another thing I wanted to share.  I've been wanting so badly for Cailynn to say I love you.  She is SUCH a pill though.  This is how our conversations go.....

Me:  Cailynn do you love mommy?
Cailynn:  Yeah (followed by a HUGE hug)
Me:  Can you say I love you?
Cailynn:  No
Me:  Ok try this say I
Cailynn:  I
Me:  Love
Cailynn:  YOU!!!!!
Me:  No silly say love
Cailynn:  YOU!!!!
Me:  Let's try it again say I
Cailynn:  I
Me:  love
Cailynn:  YOU!!!!!
Me:  Cailynn say I love you.
Cailynn:  I YOU!!!!!!!

What a stinker!!!!  I'm going to get her to say it.  I think she does it on purpose because she just giggles and giggles afterwards like she knows exactly what I want her to say, but she's too stubborn to say it!!  Again, she is SOOOOOO my daughter!  But I wouldn't have her any other way! 



No comments: