Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lately.....

It's been awhile since I've updated you all.  Last week was a crazy one.  It was my last week of school!  So I spent Monday and Tuesday watching movies and cleaning the room with my kiddos.  I found out at the last minute that they are using my room for summer school, so I had to get it ready for that.  (I'm not teaching summer school!!!!  Someone else will be using my room.) 

Wednesday Casey got the stomach bug.  He thought that he just ate something bad, but the next day when I got it, we knew it was the stomach bug.  We are very thankful that Cailynn did not get it!  That was not fun.  Being sick and taking care of a toddler tops my list of LEAST favorite things ever.  Cailynn played in the empty bathtub a lot on Thursday! 

Saturday was a HOT HOT day.  It was also Casey's dads family reunion.  Since Casey had to work, I packed Cailynn up and we tagged along with Steph and her family.  The reunion was at Casey's grandmas house out in the COUNTRY.  WAY OUT!  Unfortunately it was 100+ degrees outside so needless to say we only lasted about 45 minutes before Cailynn overheated and melted down.  Sadly I did not get ONE picture!  I guess chasing Cailynn around kept me busy.  She was up and down the stairs, in and out of the house, and must have fallen in the dirt about 18 times.  Everyone thought she was adorable (and looked just like Casey!!) and Pop was super happy we went.  Cailynn was rough on the ride home.  She was hot and tired and cried and whined most of the way home.  Steph and Dave were so glad we tagged along!  HAHA!  After Cailynn got a much needed nap and Casey got home from work, we headed to Nina and PawPaws for some pool time.  I just love watching Blake and Austin with Cailynn.  I know I have said it before, but they LOVE that girl.  I wish they lived closer.  Cailynn would have her very own bodyguards!! 

Turns out Casey got pink eye yesterday.  He thought something just got in it at work, but it's all pussy and nasty.  Luckily we still have medicine from Cailynn's pink eye about a month ago.  So we are self diagnosing and medicating and hoping it gets better very soon.  Poor guy.  Even with only one eye he is in the garage as we speak changing the oil in my car and then he plans to cut the grass.  He never gets to relax!!  We are very excited for our trip to Ridgeway coming up this week.  Just a few more days and we are Colorado bound!

Here are some random pictures from the past week or so. 

And HERE is an awesome video of Cailynn dancing to some Jimmy Buffet with her cousins at Nina and PawPaws.







1 comment:

breakfastattiffys said...

I love how she's dancing with her cup. She's like, "I need a drink, but I can't quit grooving!"