We had a bit of a scare this week! Cailynn had been running a low grade fever off and on for about three days and I was thinking she had another ear infection. So off to the doctor we went. Good news = no ear infections!!! Bad news = Dr. heard a heart murmur. Honestly I have heard of them, but didn't know ANYthing about them. All I know is that anything that says heart....freaks you out when it comes to your baby. After talking to the Dr. she says that she doesn't feel like it is the "bad" kind, but she would like to send us to a pediatrician who specializes in cardiology. WOW!
I came home and googled heart murmurs and found out that they are actually quite common. An innocent murmur is just a noise caused by blood flowing through a normal heart. These noises are commonly heard in children because their hearts are very close to their chest walls. An innocent murmur can get louder or softer depending on your child's heart rate, such as when they're excited or scared. Dr.'s often hear heart murmurs when they check children who have a fever. Many innocent murmurs become hard to hear as children grow older, and most usually go away on their own. Good to know!! I felt better about the whole situation already.
Friday afternoon we went to the cardio guy to get her heart a second look. They put about 10 sticky connectors on her and then hooked wires onto those. The hardest part was trying to keep her still for several minutes so that they machine could do its job. The Dr. came in and took a listen too. He said that she does have an innocent heart murmur that requires no further testing or medication. Praise God!!
After the good news we headed to Casey's work and hung out with Nina and PawPaw for a little bit to celebrate : )
The only pictures I took this week were at our 1st grade field trip to the Zoo....fun stuff! No big plans for the weekend. Maybe we will hit the beach before the oil spill comes and ruins it!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment