Sunday, September 13, 2009

Catchin' up

It has been a busy couple of weeks here at the Culver house. Let's start with Labor Day weekend.....

Casey's good buddy and his wife came down from Marianna and stayed with us. They have a three month old little boy, so it was fun seeing two babies in the house. Cailynn was very interested in Ayden, but he could have cared less. They really didn't interact much at all! We went out to Pier Park Sunday but our night was cut short due to a Danielle's migraine and a fussy little boy. Monday we headed over to Casey's mom's house to swim in the pool and grill. It was a great day.

Casey and Cailynn........Josh and Ayden


Ayden - 3 months

Cailynn becoming more adventurous in the pool!

Ayden not very interested in Cailynn.



Tuesday was my birthday. A very uneventful day. I worked and then was in bed by about 7. This was the first day I started feeling sick. By Thursday I was REALLY sick. Stuffed up nose, cough the good stuff. Bad news....Cailynn was sick too. She was like me stuffed up nose and a cough. Her 6 month check up was scheduled for Thursday anyway so I didn't make an appointment. She wasn't super fussy, and hadn't been running a fever so I thought it'd be ok. Well at the doctors office she had a fever and Dr. A told me she was showing all the signs of Swine Flu (SERIOUSLY!!!) and that she also had an ear infection. She told me to take her to the hospital to have her tested right away. So off I go, calling Casey and sending our families into a tizzy. The test was pretty easy. They just stuck a cotton swab up her nose. But boy did I feel like a bad mom. We got home and after eating and some medicine Cailynn went right to sleep. I stayed home from school on Friday since she was still running a fever, and at about 4 the doctor FINALLY called me back and said Cailynn's results came back negative!! No swine flu here!!! Praise the Lord! She is starting to feel better, but is still REALLY stuffed up. Trying to suck snot out of a sick baby is not fun. The only time she is really fussy though is when she's trying to fall asleep. She can't breathe through her nose with a passy in her mouth, but she can't fall asleep without her passy! It's not fun!


I tried to get a picture of Cailynn's snotty nose.....This was the best I got!


Along with Cailynn and me being sick....Bailey was sick too! She had diarhea in the house three times!!!! EWWWWW! Casey has been a trooper dealing with all of us sick folk but I'm quite certain we are on the up and up here!

No comments: