Friday, May 1, 2009

2 month Dr. Visit

Today I took Cailynn to see the doctor for her two month check up. (even though she has two more days) It started off great. We were sitting in the waiting room watching all the other babies....about 45 minutes later we are still waiting. Apparently there was some confusion with Cailynn's insurance and they were "on hold with the insurance company." Cailynn had had enough and started screaming. I tried to calm her down but she was pissed. So I took her to the back and fed her and she stopped fussing. Another 30 minutes go by and we still have not been called. GEEEEEEZ. Finally our turn!

So here are the results - She now weighs 12 pounds 7 ounces and is 23 inches long. And we were told not once but TWICE that she is PERFECT. Let me explain. Our Dr. had a nurse practitioner working with her today and she examined her first. Ending with a "She's perfect!" I told her that mommies love to hear that : ) Then the Dr. came in and she said the same thing. I showed her how Cailynn loves to stand up and she was impressed. She said most babies don't do that until 4 months. (My baby is so advanced!) Then came the bad part....shots. She got three today. She had a delayed reaction after the first one, but then she realized what was going on and she screamed bloody murder. She calmed down after a couple minutes but we were both so ready to get out of there! Two hours in a pediatricians office will give anyone a headache!

Cailynn spent the rest of the day sleeping since she had such a hard day. I had to take some pictures of her battle wounds though. Who doesn't love Tweety Bird on some chunky baby legs?





I mean really?? Too cute!

No comments: