Friday, March 6, 2009

Cailynn is here!!



Cailynn Ann Culver
Born March 3, 2009 at 2:07 pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
19 inches long
ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!

We checked into the hospital at 3:00 am on Tuesday and the whole process began. They took me back and got me changed into a stylin' gown and got me all hooked up. At about 5:00 am they started me on pitocin. It went ok at first. My contractions started up and were coming regular. Then Little Miss High Maintenance decided she wasn't going to cooperate. Every time I would have a contraction, her heartbeat would drop. So the nurses spent most of the morning staring at her monitor watching. They kept trying to move me into different positions to see if that would make little Cailynn happy, but it didn't work. So then they would take me off of the pitocin and I wouldn't make any progress. That was the way the morning went. On and off of pitocin. At 9:30 they gave me the epidural which I was happy to receive. Unfortunately it didn't last long. I kept telling the nurses that I could feel the contractions. At one point the anesthesiologist said, "Well you aren't really grimacing and acting like you are feeling these." I felt like telling her I'm trying to be tough. I can scream and holler if you want!! But I didn't. Finally she gave me another epidural and realized that the first one REALLY wasn't working. Then at 1:45 my doctor came in and said he was done letting her struggle and he was going in to get her. I was ok with that because honestly my contractions HURT. They were coming every minute and strong and I was only dialated to 4cm. So they wheeled me back to the OR and straped me down. Casey said it looked like I was about to be crucified. They gave me a spinal and the next thing I knew I heard my little girl cry.

She is the most beautiful, most precious little girl EVER. I know I'm bias but she is perfect! I love her more and more every time I look at her. She's been such a good baby too. She sleeps great. The only time she cries is during breastfeeding. She wants instant satisfaction and doesn't want to work to get her food, so she pitches a fit when she has to try.

If you go to www.our360.com and search for babies born on March 3rd you can see her newborn pictures. They are beautiful!

2 comments:

DarlaShelton said...

So glad she is here and all is right with your world! I saw the pics and she is just beautiful. Can't wait to meet her one of these days! Blessings to you my friend!

Logan and Ashley said...

YEAH!! Congratulations!! I am so sorry to hear you had to have a c-section, but whatever to get out that precious gift, right. I can relate a bit, they did the same thing with me, changing positions and staring at the monitor. A bit scary, but when they come out so perfect then a sigh of relief... She is beautiful!! I hope you have a quick recovery! And post more pics!!!