Lot's to share with you today. First of all let's start with work. Ahhhhh the day I had. I have a student who has has many problems throughout the year. He started in about October and came to me from North Carolina. He came to live with his grandma because mom is bi-polar and tried to commit suicide. She has since been released from the mental hospital and is living here now. This students behavior has been bad since he's been here. He is the student who at the Millville parade wanted to go back to get a toy that he dropped and when I told him no pitched a fit and tried to run. So I had to "drag" (hold his hand and pull him unwillingly) back to the school. He's been in a couple of fights also. All this being said....he really is a sweet boy, when he wants to be. He's my sweetie who at the end of everyday, whether he was good or bad gives me a hug and tells me he loves me. Just melts my heart! Well about three weeks ago, something HORRIFIC happened to him after school. Ever since, he has been near unruly. So today at PE this child got into trouble for fighting and arguing (big shocker). When I came to pick up my kids he was in timeout. I told the coach I would walk him back to the office. As he is walking toward me, coach is on the walkie talkie explaining what happened to the office, to which this child responds by yelling, "Whatever, that's not what happened. You don't even know." And then............takes off running, jumps the fence and starts to run down the street. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Being nearly 9 months pregnant I'm thinking I can't run after this child. Luckily there were three other adults around who each went out a different fence and were able to catch him. And the story ends with him being suspended for three days. But here is my problem. The SAFEST place for him, is at school. When he is at school he gets fed, and his needs are met. He is safe. At home, he does not have structure or rules, he runs the street and gets into more trouble. So even though I believe he needed to be suspended I just SOOOOOO wish parents could be held more responsible for their actions. This is one of those children that if I could just bring him home with me at the end of the day, I really would. All this child needs is love and structure and he is not getting it at home. The only way he feels in control is by misbehaving, which is why he does it so often. So if you could, please pray for this child. Pray for his safety. Pray that his parents step up and ACT like parents. He is supposed to be getting counseling for what happened to him, and his parents decided he didn't need it. I hope this opens their eyes. They were told that the only way he could come back on Monday was if he had proof that he'd been to one so we'll see.
On a completely different note, I also want to share a few things I've learned about being pregnant. First of all I remember about 6 months ago thinking, "Man I just can't wait until my belly gets big and then everyone knows I'm pregnant." Note to self.....don't wish that again. This weekend we went to Pier Park and I must have had this conversation with at least 15 people.
Person: So is it a girl or boy?
Me: It's a girl!
Person: Oh how exciting, girls are wonderful. When are you due?
Me: March 13th
Person: Oh wow! You've still got a ways to go then.
Me: Yes I sure do.
Person: Bless your heart
Now I've learned being in the south......Bless your heart is NOT a compliment. Oh well. I also love how when I come to work on Monday people think it's ok to say
Person: I swear you grew even more over the weekend
Me: Yes I know, she's a growing girl.
Person: Bless your heart
Or I love the stories about how much weight they gained in their last month or so. Today I was told by one that she gained 4 pounds a week in her last 5 weeks. Thanks!!! Just in case I wasn't already feeling like a cow, I've apparently got another 20 pounds coming??? Let's sure hope not.
All that being said.....I really have been blessed with a great pregnancy! It could be much worse. Anyow, I'll be back on Thursday with an update from the doctor : )
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh you just made me laugh out loud at work! Not the first part... but the whole pregnancy part. I remember telling Jason that if one more person tells me "Youre all belly!" I was going to punch them. I wanted to wear a sign at work with November 25th, It's a girl, her name is Kaydence on it. I hear ya sister!
Dont worry about the weight and you are not a cow! You are gorgeous pregnant and all!
Post a Comment