Thursday, December 18, 2008

A "PERFECT" check up!

So the doctor's appointment went well yesterday. I got my Rh shot. Which I'm still trying to understand exactly what it does. What I do get is that it will help with future pregnancies if my blood were to mix with the babies blood. So that was fun to get shot in the hiney. The ultrasound went great. Cailynn is measuring "PERFECTLY" according to the doctor.....and yes he used those words!! Not that I'm bragging or anything, but it is the first time someone has called my little girl perfect. Even though I know she is perfect, it sounds better when someone else says it! The perfectness applied to her growth. She is right on track. Not too big not too small, just right!!! She's 2 pounds 6 oz. Which I got to thinking after I left, I wonder how they can tell how much she weighs? Interesting, but again she's perfect and that is all that matters : ) Unfortunately there are no pictures of the ultrasound, we didn't get any printouts. Sorry, plus since we are poor and can't afford the 3D ultradound, it's hard to get a good picture of her. I got to see her brain, and heart, and diaphram, and kidney, and bones, and hands and toes. It still amazes me everytime I see it.

So I also have to share some crazy dreams I've had lately. I'd heard that pregnant women have bizzare dreams and it's definitely true. I had one dream that the baby got too big and they had to cut holes in my sides for her legs so she could fit. So I was walking around with two baby legs hanging out of my belly. WEIRD!!! Then I also had a dream that I had the baby really early and we weren't ready yet. We didn't have a car seat and so the hospital wouldn't let us take her home. So I had to feverishly search for a car seat, to which I had no success, so I had to leave my baby at the hospital : ( It was very sad.

Tomorrow marks week 28!!! YEAH. We have a friend in our church group who has been accurate within 36 hours of prediciting when women will have their baby. Strange gift but he's never missed. Last night he made an early prediction of 38 weeks....for those of you math wizzes, that's only 10 weeks away!!! HOLY MOLY!!! We are so not ready!! But we are so excited to meet her we just can't wait : )

We've got a busy weekend ahead filled with Chirstmas parties and such. Hopefully we'll have some good pictures to post.

No comments: