Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The news we've been dreading to hear

Well today I got the news that I was expecting, but hoping wouldn't happen. Millville Elementary WILL be repurposed and I will be job hunting. Thanks to our brilliant Governor who made such drastic financial cuts to the education budget, our district has been hit hard. Last summer they talked about repurposing Millville, but somehow we managed to stay open. Now, with a new superintendent, our fate had been decided. Millville will become a school for the handicap and our students will be moved to a middle school that is becoming a k-8 school. Which means that I could potentially just follow my kids and teach there. However, I'm thinking a big change might be good. I have absolutely loved teaching "high risk" kids. But with a new baby, it might be a good chance to move to a school where the kids aren't such a high demand. Although I won't necessarily get to pick where I teach, hopefully some positions will open up at schools where I'd like to be.

The other bad news would be that because our school won't exsist next year, EVERYTHING will have to be moved. AND because I won't be there at the end of the year......I'm going to have to have all of my things packed and out of there before March comes around so that people don't take off with my things. Which means I will be spending my weekends boxing and moving things into our garage.

So that being said......please pray for us!!! We are going to need lots of prayer that I find a new job.

Ohhhh. I've also tried convincing Casey that this might be the perfect time for us to move to Colorado. He says no but pray that he changes his mind.

2 comments:

Logan and Ashley said...

I would love it if you moved here! I am sure there are jobs here!! Good luck and we will pray for you that whatever the Lord has in mind for you will be just what you need!

Shelton 6 Pack said...

How great it would be for you to move to CO...I will be praying for you also....so sorry about all the mess with your school!