Being a teacher means many things to me. It means smiles and hugs from my kids everyday. It means watching children grow and develop the skills needed to be productive members of society. It means joy in my heart when I listen to them read. It also means never a dull moment. Today was one of those days. Around 9 o'clock our principal comes on the announcements and says "We are under a lock down, Please make sure all your students are inside your room."
My first thought is oh...we are having a drill. "Super ok kids let's all move to the corner of the room away from the windows." I lock the door and we carry on with our reading. Well if it's a drill within five minutes she would come back on and tell us all clear. That didn't happen. In fact within minutes we heard police sirens. I'm remaining calm and all the students are fine. We keep reading "Click Clack Moo Cows that Type." But I am starting to worry a little. 30 minutes later we are still huddled in the corner and I'm wondering what the hell is going on??
So about an hour later our principal comes on and says "All clear." She also told us to stay inside for the rest of the day. Now I'm REALLY curious as to what is happening. So it's time for my kids to go to Special Area. I drop them off and go to the office to find out what all the commotion was.
Come to find out some crazy woman who lives a house across the street from the school was having a "domestic dispute" with her husband and was arguing with him in the middle of the road. She at some point said, "I'm going to go get my gun and shoot you. I'm going to kill you mother %^&*@#." Therefore causing us to go under a lock down. The TV crews came, the newspaper, the superintendent, the swat team. Unfortunately by the time they all got there, the crazy woman had left. Hopefully she's doesn't come back tomorrow and if she does, maybe she'll be in a better mood. But again I say that my job never has a dull moment.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment